Monday, March 14, 2011

Anniversary and Finishes

First the anniversary was my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was March 3rd,  I didn't quite finish their sampler in time, but since it's a surprise I'm not too worried. I finished the stitching on the 7th I believe and got it over to the framers where I'd already decided on the frame and they had it in ready to be put together. It should be all ready later this week. My pictures aren't great since I had to take them on the sly and was using my Dazor lamp for lighting.
An Emblem of Love, Designed by With My Needle
And a bit of a close up of the bottom, right hand corner.
It was stitched on 36ct Lakeside, V. Lt. Examplar with a single strand of Belle Soie in Eggplant and Florimell Silk Floss from Gloriana Threads in Old Gold. I couldn't have done this without two very special friends. First Melody (Woolwoman) who not only had the pattern in her stash and was willing to let me purchase it from her, but had the perfect fabric and the Belle Soie in her stash as well. "Shopping at Melody's" was wonderful and so helpful and allowed me to get started on it that much quicker. I knew I wanted to add some gold in, since this was for their Golden Anniversary. I tried two different silk fibers from my own stash and neither was right. Lucky for me Jackie (Jackie's Stitches) bought the perfect Gloriana silk while we were at The Attic in January and since I didn't need much and she doesn't need much for her project loaned me her skein so I could "get'r done". It's wonderful how great stitching friends are!

Speaking of Jackie, she's not the only one to finish Stacy Nash's Schoolgirl Linen Sewing Book.
Mine is a stained a little darker than Jackies as you can see, and the inside is probably different since I didn't like the pocket and decided to use some mother of pearl thread holders I had in my stash.
It took a lot of time to put together, but they look great.

I also finished a needlepoint ornament. I adore how it turned out and can't wait to see it on the tree next year.
And of course the back because...isn't this fabric just too adorable?
I was very lucky to be in just the right place at just the right time when I purchased this canvas. DF Jean and I were at In Stitches in Atlanta looking for a little something for me to work on while I was up there one time since I hadn't brought any stitching with me and we were going to stitch group that evening. I found this adorable snow bunny and of course had to have it but was having trouble deciding on fibers. As luck would have it Julia Snyder was in the shop just hanging around having gotten into town early for classes she was teaching at the shop that weekend. Since everyone else was busy she helped me put together a stitch guide and pick fibers. Of course that meant Jean and I had to sign up for her class the next time she was going to be in Atlanta, but that's a whole other post and picture.

That's all the finishes. I have been able to mark 2 more items off my list, the bunny was stitched last year. I'm slowly getting February's block of AotH finished. I did finish February's goal for Alphabets.

And with January's goal:
I'm not sure I'll attempt to take it off the scroll again any time soon. Maybe wait a few months. I'm hoping I can get March's goal complete, hint it fits in the blank spot you can see, fairly quickly. But first to finish up with Valentine Rose (AotH - February).

Hope everyone else if having a wonderful spring and enjoying time spent with needle and fiber!

4 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

Well, dang. Don't I feel like a slacker (except for all those tax returns)...

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see Emblem framed!

Ria said...

That is so amazing!! Your parents will love it!

woolwoman said...

Teresa - I'm so glad I could be a small part of your parents beautiful anniversary sampler - you can come and "shop" with me anytime friend ! Love how the snow bunny finished up and your class piece is really neat. It will be fun to see your DT Alphabet come to life this year. Spring is so beautiful in our area of NE FL - Enjoy! Mel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...