Well, Phil did not see his shadow so Spring will be here soon! YEAH! I was going to put up a picture of the cute Punxsutawney Phil, but there is just no point in rivaling the picture that Teresa posted of the BEYOND cute T.S. I am counting the days until I head to Daytona to see him in action at the Bud Shootout, and rest assured, there will be a shadow seen there! (for those non-NASCAR fans - the "shadow" will be on T.S.'s face).
Anyway, I'm Karen (beeinstitches) and my cross-stitch designing name is The Spinning Monkey. I live on the Treasure Coast and often travel to the Jacksonville area to stitch, hook, and knit with the members of the Azalea Sampler Guild and participants of this blog.
I'm finally getting around to posting the list of projects I will be working on to FINISH in 2011. So here it is:
1. Brown "Boyfriend" hat for my Atlanta brother
2. Kilkenny Cowl in Quince & Co. Chickadee - gift
3. Anabell Cardigan in Quince & Co. Osprey for me
4. Purl Ridge Scarf in Sanguine Gryphon or Plucky Knitter yarn
5. Clockwise scarf in Sanguine Gryphon Bugga!
6. Dark and Stormy Cardigan in Moody Broody Club yarn (The Plucky Knitter)
7. Knit toe-up socks (a new challenge for me)
8. Finish sewing blocks for Civil War Tribute Quilt (5 months done)
9. Put together 2010 Sampler Saturday Blocks and get quilted.
10. Finish Bread and Butter Society projects (1 of 4 done)
11. Finish Ulysses Rug (started at January 2010 Rug Camp)
12. At Home With Jane Austen by Sampler Girl - gift
13. Cape Cod Girls by The Primitive Needle - gift
14. Olga by Plum Street Samplers for me
15. Repro another sampler
I've made pretty good progress on this list in January and will post my finishes as soon as I pull the pictures together.