Friday, January 14, 2011

ONE ON THE LIST AND ONE THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN!

Just a quick post as I am off to rug camp this afternoon for 4 blissful days of hooking, laughing, eating and having a great time with friends.

this is my Debbie Bliss Cowl which was on my 11 in 2011 Challenge list.  It is worked in a limited edition Dream in Color chunky weight wool called Groovy and I am lovin' this project.  While I don't care for knitting with big needles (10.5) - I love the fabric being created.  there are tiny cables every 9 rows - you can barely see them.  I would say this is almost 1/2 done.  Hopefully in time to use this winter.

Plymouth Sampler by the Sampler Company was not on my challenge list but it has been getting some attention lately.  Two of my new starts are mostly brown and I needed something colorful to work on.  this fits the bill nicely - it is easy to stitch and has loads of lovely colors - Jean at the Attic did a conversion for me when I visited her shop several years ago - it is a mix of belle soie and NPI colors.

This blog has been lots of fun - seeing projects we would not normally see (waving hi to Heather in Atlanta) -

2 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Waving back! =) That cowl is just lovely!! Blue *is* my favorite color, though. Plymouth Sampler is looking very nice.

krayolakris said...

Mel you do such nice work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...